Thursday 15 March 2012

Social History

History is my subject, I love it. I particularly love modern history and reading or listening to peoples' accounts of their lives, be it friends and aquaintances, who are much older I must add, or wonderful oral history projects such as that at the Manchester Jewish Museum, where hundreds of Jewish migrants were interviewed about their lives in Manchester and Salford in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.

A friend in my writing group has recently published her mother-in-law's memoirs about life for a working classe family in 1920s agricultural Britain. I have read excerpts and am looking forward to reading the whole, it is such a change from the usual work about poor people in the industrial heartlands.

The book is entitled My Life in Cottage Homes in the 1920s. Click on the link to find out more and to buy on Amazon Kindle..

No comments:

Post a Comment