Saturday 24 September 2011

A Book To Plug-The Man Who Turned Down The Beatles!

Yesterday I was working with a fella who had me in stitches. Hilarious jokes and we spent lots of time reminiscing about old clubs and curry houses in Manchester. I'm well into my music but Pete is a mine of information about music from the 1960s onwards and was the founder member of The Dakotas. So, unlike me, he was actually in the music scene and was in the first Manchester band to play the Cavern Club in Liverpool.

Pete's now written a book with some fantastic photos of bands, albums and memorabilia. It's a fascinating trip down memory lane from somebody who was part of the music scene of the '60s not just a bystander. What I particularly like about the book is that it is written in verse, highly entertaining as well as beautifully written.

The book is a must for anybody interested in the 1960s and can be purchased by clicking on this link. Or you can buy it if you go to see Pete's band Pete Maclaine and The Clan at the Nursey Inn, Heaton Norris, Stockport on the first Sunday night of each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment